Working at Quill is exciting, fast-paced, rewarding and fun. If you're the sort of person who thrives on a challenge, take a look at our current vacancies and apply below.
Quill is a fast growth content marketing company that specialises in writing for the web, on any topic, and in any language.
We are building a global network of specialist writers, editors and video producers around our Quill technology to meet the rapid growth in demand for bespoke digital content. Our vision is to be the leading worldwide platform for writers.
We help businesses to reach and engage better with their target audiences using tailored, web-optimised content. We offer a more efficient, cost-effective and scalable way of doing so than is possible in-house or via traditional content production agencies.
The workflow and quality assurance capabilities of our Quill Platform, coupled with our in- house editors, ensures that all of the content we produce is at a consistently high standard – from product descriptions and bite-sized news round ups to feature articles and in-depth opinion pieces. We guarantee to produce “on brand” content for all of our clients.
Our clients - which include Shop Direct Group, 888, Swiftcover/AXA, WPP, Aegis and Publicis - count on us to write in their language, helping them improve their revenues and reputations.
The Role In Summary
Quill is a tried and tested, market leading platform and we want to accelerate its development.
We also plan to open it up on a Software as a Service (SaaS/white label) basis for some of our larger clients, as well as use it to offer a Content on Demand (self-service) solution for smaller clients later this year.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead the development of Quill and the global rollout of all of the Quill services.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we accelerate our growth, and if you’re the right person, you’ll relish the chance to have a real impact on the company, and to grow along with us.
Your core strengths
- Super organised with a proven record of being able to prioritise and meet multiple objectives simultaneously
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Strong communicator at all levels – tech team to C-level, internal and external, written and verbal - in a way that inspires confidence and trust
- Able to build consensus from conflicting views & requirements
- Passionate about building technology products to be proud of
- A source of great ideas
- Results oriented - you can be relied on to deliver on specification, on schedule
- Eager to learn, listen, and improve
You will be
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, and dedicated. You’ll show a high level of initiative and relish a challenge - you will always go the extra mile
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, who can always be relied upon to meet deadlines and set the fast pace for the company “from the front” (we are not a 9-5 corporate)
- A people person, who builds strong relationships and wins trust and respect through your actions and results
- As comfortable crafting well-written reports as you are developing models in Excel
- An expert at balancing a focus on results with strong people skills, to inspire and coordinate delivery across multiple teams
- Setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your colleagues – you want to achieve excellence in all that you do and naturally assume ownership of your areas of responsibility
- Determined to excel in everything you do and make sure that others do as well
- Smart! We need someone who presents solutions rather than problems, and leads the thinking around the challenges of building a high performing team including performance reporting and process improvement
- A source of thoughtful, positive ideas about improving all aspects of the business
- Passionate about content and the web, with a good working knowledge of online media sources, and how technology can be used to improve business processes
- Open, honest and approachable
- Able to operate at all levels in a start-up environment – no task will be beneath you
Education and Experience
- 2yrs+ project-managing a software-as-a-service product from inception to international rollout, ideally in an Agile methodology
- 2yrs+ in early-stage, web-based start-ups
- A background in programming, design, or user experience
- Digital content experience
- Foreign languages
How to Apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. We will only contact applicants whose background we feel is suitable for the position. We will seek detailed background references.
No agencies please.