Working at Quill is exciting, fast-paced, rewarding and fun. If you're the sort of person who thrives on a challenge, take a look at our current vacancies and apply below.
Quill is a fast growth content marketing company that specialises in writing for the web, on any topic, and in any language.
We are building a global network of specialist writers, editors and video producers around our Quill technology to meet the rapid growth in demand for bespoke digital content. Our vision is to be the leading worldwide platform for writers.
We help businesses to reach and engage better with their target audiences using tailored, web-optimised content. We offer a more efficient, cost-effective and scalable way of doing so than is possible in-house or via traditional content production agencies.
The workflow and quality assurance capabilities of our Quill Platform, coupled with our in- house editors, ensures that all of the content we produce is at a consistently high standard – from product descriptions and bite-sized news round ups to feature articles and in-depth opinion pieces. We guarantee to produce “on brand” content for all of our clients.
Our clients - which include Shop Direct Group, 888, Swiftcover/AXA, WPP, Aegis and Publicis - count on us to write in their language, helping them improve their revenues and reputations.
The Role In Summary
Our mission is to build the best writer network on the planet - and you will have lead responsibility for making that a reality, through the development and execution of a global strategy. You will actively build a community - one that champions Quill.
Working with our Marketing Manager you will attract high quality writers and editors into our network and with our Technology Team you will continue the development of our screening and ongoing performance monitoring capabilities to ensure we manage and retain the best editorial talent. You will be anticipating operational challenges as we scale - both in terms of volumes and languages - and you will be continually pushing for further automation within Quill to achieve ongoing efficiency and quality assurance improvements. You will want to put in place performance reporting around your operation.
We must deliver content to our clients that is consistently on brand, on time and on budget. This will be your highest priority. You will know what good writers and editors and “on brief” content looks like and you will be rigorous about ensuring high editorial standards are met without fail, on a day to day basis. You will naturally set a high bar for the network and the internal team.
It’s an exciting time for you to be joining the business, as we accelerate our growth, including internationally. You will have the opportunity to lead the development of this core asset as we build the business.
Your core strengths
- Highly literate in written and spoken English - you know what quality, “on-brief” editorial content looks like
- Set rigourous high standards for yourself and your colleagues, ensuring content deadlines and specifications are always met
- Results-oriented and relish working to targets and deadlines, and through leading by example, you build an internal operations team that has the same approach
- Able to write and effectively communicate strategy to all levels, with passion
- Understand the challenges of scaling people based organisations and pre-empt the pitfalls with the implementation of key performance metrics and processes - without being asked
- Keen to work with technology to automate and improve processes wherever possible
- Able to enthuse, inspire and lead a diverse team - internally and externally
- Super organised with a proven record of being able to prioritise and meet multiple, objectives simultaneously
You will be
- A hard-working, enthusiastic self-starter, who shows a high level of initiative and relishes a challenge - you will always go the extra mile
- A team player able to balance a focus on results with empathetic people skills to coordinate delivery across multiple internal teams, clients and writers
- A smart individual, who presents solutions rather than problems, leads the thinking around the challenges, KPI’s and processes that are needed to build a high performing team, and a source of thoughtful, positive ideas about improving any aspect of the business
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, who can always be relied upon to meet deadlines and set the fast pace for the company “from the front” (we are not a 9-5 corporate)
- A people person, who builds strong relationships and wins trust and respect through your actions and results
- As comfortable crafting well-written reports as you are developing simple models in Excel
- Setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your colleagues – you want to excel in all that you do and naturally assume ownership of your areas of responsibility
- Passionate about content and the web, with a good working knowledge of online media sources, and how technology can be used to improve business processes
- Open, honest and approachable
- Able to operate at all levels in a start-up environment – no task will be beneath you
Education and Experience
- 2+ years experience in a role evaluating and monitoring editorial quality
- You must have interviewed, evaluated, and managed writers and editors - ideally in a distributed and multi-lingual team
- A mid-to-senior management role which included the development and execution of strategy, performance measurement and the improving of processes/workflows
- Extensive experience managing delivery to hard deadlines and targets
- Experience in a high-growth early-stage business
- Digital content experience would be helpful
- Foreign languages would be useful
How to Apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only contact applicants whose background we feel is suitable for the position. We will seek detailed background references.
No agencies please.