Working at Quill is exciting, fast-paced, rewarding and fun. If you're the sort of person who thrives on a challenge, take a look at our current vacancies and apply below.
Quill is a fast growth content marketing company that specialises in writing for the web, on any topic, and in any language.
We are building a global network of specialist writers, editors and video producers around our Quill technology to meet the rapid growth in demand for bespoke digital content. Our vision is to be the leading worldwide platform for writers.
We help businesses to reach and engage better with their target audiences using tailored, web-optimised content. We offer a more efficient, cost-effective and scalable way of doing so than is possible in-house or via traditional content production agencies.
The workflow and quality assurance capabilities of our Quill Platform, coupled with our in- house editors, ensures that all of the content we produce is at a consistently high standard – from product descriptions and bite-sized news round ups to feature articles and in-depth opinion pieces. We guarantee to produce “on brand” content for all of our clients.
Our clients - which include Shop Direct Group, 888, Swiftcover/AXA, WPP, Aegis and Publicis - count on us to write in their language, helping them improve their revenues and reputations.
The Role In Summary
We're looking for a highly organised individual with strong people and writing/editing skills, to help build and manage relationships with Quill’s customers.
You'll be an integral part of the Quill team, with responsibility for the production and delivery of bespoke content by the network in line with our clients' requirements. Your responsibilities will include managing their editorial production in line with clients’ deadlines and specifications and for ensuring that our high editorial standards and efficient processes are always being improved.
The role offers the right person a unique opportunity to join an exciting, fast growing, early-stage digital business, and help shape the development of the company's editorial strategy.
Your responsibilities will include
- Managing the writers’ delivery of articles in line with clients’ deadlines and specifications
- Editing, proof reading and publishing articles using our technology platform
- Working with an Account Director to understand and define clients’ content objectives and requirements – and in some cases developing full content strategies and plans for clients
- Creating editorial briefs for writers based on our clients' objectives and requirements
- Researching clients’ briefs where necessary
- Briefing and coordinating with the Technology Team where technical work is required
- Helping identify opportunities to automate the editorial process and - as part of the wider team – any other processes within the business that could be improved
- Developing a thorough understanding of our services and helping us develop and improve them
- Acting as the “go to person” for editorial production, including industry trends, competitors in content production, and any emerging related products, services and technologies.
- Helping keep us at the forefront of digital content service companies
You will be
- Highly organised, with a proven record of being able to prioritise and meet multiple, competing objectives simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can always be relied upon on to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and self-motivated, able to show a high level of initiative in a challenging, fast-moving, early-stage company
- A team player with leadership potential, able to balance a focus on results with empathetic people skills to coordinate delivery across multiple internal teams, clients and writers
- A very strong writer and editor in your own right, who will ensure that our high quality of writing is not only maintained but always improving
- Setting relentlessly high standards for yourself, your team, your writers and your colleagues – you want to achieve excellence in all that you do and naturally assume ownership of your areas of responsibility
- A smart individual, who presents solutions rather than problems and is full of ideas about improving the company’s services and processes
- Passionate about news, content and the web, with a good working knowledge of online media sources, and how technology can be used to improve business processes
- Open, honest and approachable in your work style
- Comfortable with numbers and computers, able to manage projects & budgets to achieve optimal cost-effectiveness, including producing reports (e.g. in excel) where necessary
- Able to operate at all levels – no task will be beneath you
Education and Experience
- At least a 2:1 degree, preferably in an essay-based subject
- Formal journalism, SEO or copywriting/editing skills and/or training
- Work experience, preferably in a digital media, content or publishing business, where you’ve clearly demonstrated your organisational and written communication skills
- Foreign languages
- Writing for the web experience
How to Apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. We will only contact applicants whose background we feel is suitable for the position. We will seek detailed background references.
No agencies please.