Working at Quill is exciting, fast-paced, rewarding and fun. If you're the sort of person who thrives on a challenge, take a look at our current vacancies and apply below.
Quill is a fast growth content marketing company that specialises in writing for the web, on any topic, and in any language.
We are building a global network of specialist writers, editors and video producers around our Quill technology to meet the rapid growth in demand for bespoke digital content. Our vision is to be the leading worldwide platform for writers.
We help businesses to reach and engage better with their target audiences using tailored, web-optimised content. We offer a more efficient, cost-effective and scalable way of doing so than is possible in-house or via traditional content production agencies.
The workflow and quality assurance capabilities of our Quill Platform, coupled with our in- house editors, ensures that all of the content we produce is at a consistently high standard – from product descriptions and bite-sized news round ups to feature articles and in-depth opinion pieces. We guarantee to produce “on brand” content for all of our clients.
Our clients - which include Shop Direct Group, 888, Swiftcover/AXA, WPP, Aegis and Publicis - count on us to write in their language, helping them improve their revenues and reputations.
The Role In Summary
We're looking for a high energy, results oriented individual with a proven track record of successfully building substantive B2B revenue streams in the digital sector.
A typical sell would involve you pitching Quill’s services to the Head of Ecommerce at an online retailer, subsequently presenting a costed package of Quill’s content services tailored to the retailer’s content particular objectives, and then up-selling additional content services (e.g. foreign language) as the retailers’ requirements evolve. You will manage an in-house team of Editorial Managers who will work with Quill’s writer network to deliver your client’s content, consistently "on-brand", on specification and on time.
You will bring a network of agency and direct relationships (e.g. ecommerce and professional service firms) which you can leverage to rapidly secure new clients for Quill, and then manage and grow those relationships going forward. You will be focused on driving revenue.
You'll be an integral part of the Quill team, with responsibility for selling Quill’s content services, winning and managing a portfolio of clients, all with a view to meeting - and exceeding - your revenue targets. You will be responsible for developing and executing the sales and business development strategy and, with the help of our Marketing Manager, develop our marketing materials as Quill grows and its portfolio of content products expands. You will have the opportunity to build and manage a team – with more senior opportunities emerging as the company expands in the UK and overseas.
The role offers the right person a unique opportunity to join an exciting, growing digital team at a stage when you will help define the company’s business development strategy, and its wider proposition. You will relish this challenge, the responsibility it brings, the pace at which the company is moving and the opportunity it presents to develop yourself professionally too.
You will be
- Highly results oriented, with a successful track record of generating substantive new B2B revenue streams in the digital sector – you will have been one of the top revenue generators in your previous roles
- A hard-working, enthusiastic self-starter, who shows a high level of initiative and relishes the challenge of building a revenue stream from scratch – you will always go the extra mile
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, who can always be relied upon on to meet deadlines – internal and external - and helps set the fast pace for the company “from the front” (we are not a 9-5 corporate)
- A people person with strong client relationship development skills, and someone our clients will trust and respect
- A natural networker, with extensive contacts in the digital sector, who can hit the revenue generation “ground” running, as soon as you’ve developed an understanding of our products
- A strong communicator, able to articulate clearly in client pitches and internal reporting, both verbally and in writing, in a way that inspires confidence and trust
- As comfortable working with words – crafting well drafted and compelling sales and marketing presentations/proposals – as you are with numbers – developing persuasive ROI analyses and accurate KPI reporting in Excel
- Highly organised, with a proven record of being able to prioritise and meet multiple, competing objectives simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail
- A natural people leader, able to attract and grow the very best staff, winning trust and respect through your actions and results
- A team player able to balance a focus on results with empathetic people skills to coordinate delivery across multiple internal teams, clients and writers
- Setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your colleagues – you want to achieve excellence in all that you do and naturally assume ownership of your areas of responsibility
- A smart individual, who presents solutions rather than problems, leads the thinking around the challenges, KPI’s and processes that are needed to build a high performing team, and a source of thoughtful, positive ideas about improving any aspect of the business
- Passionate about news, content and the web, with a good working knowledge of online media sources, and how technology can be used to improve business processes
- Open, honest and approachable in your approach to colleagues
- Able to operate at all levels in a start-up environment – no task will be beneath you
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years senior online account management, sales or business development experience
- At least a 2:1 degree
- Senior level agency sales, account management or business development experience – with digital B2B products or services
- Line management experience
- Development of strategy and performance metrics
- Experience using Salesforce
- An understanding of SEO
- Digital content, journalism, or copywriting/editing experience would be helpful
- Foreign languages
How to Apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only contact applicants whose background we feel is suitable for the position. We will seek detailed background references.
No agencies please.